Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hanging Out With The Boys

So what's bugging me today? I just found out it's wrong to hang out with one's own gender. Oh you didn't hear the story? Actually it's about our President (again) and the hoopla for hanging out with the boys to shoot some hoops and not inviting women. The horror.

The Prez called the news "bunk" and I'm thinking a more colorful word - the initials "B.S" come to mind. But where the Prez lost me was doing th P.C thing by inviting a female golfer to the White House to tee with him. Gosh, I definitely know I'm not called to politics. To me, that weakened his position. He didn't need to do that to show he's for feminist rights.

Now I'm unapologetically a feminist. Not in the way of thinking men are unnecessary (though sometimes I wonder), but to provide fairness in the field of life. But come on!

When I want to spend time with some friends as "girls night out," the invite means just what it says:NO BOYS ALLOWED. Not that I don't have love for the brothers but doggone it, I need a BREAK from you once in a while. What is so different with the Prez who has a wife, two daughters, a mother-in-law, and hired more women in his administration than any history?

Seriously people, give the guy a break and hanging out with his boys for some time to shoot some hoops could be a start.