Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Grateful

In my father's dialect, there's a response to the greeting to "how are you?" which is "I'm grateful." I got to thinking about this yesterday about the measure of such greeting as we look forward to tomorrow's Thanksgiving.

My thoughts were no wonder statistics have showed that particular country in Africa comprise of some of the happiest people in the world. They are not happy because everything is oh so rosy. Far from it; they have chosen to define happiness for themselves. It has less to do with the material things and more in the simple things of life like family, friends and a sense of purpose of being.

I'm also reminded of the scripture, "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God concerning you." So just because we're living in a crummy economy and some unexplained times, shouldn't stop us from giving thanks and being grateful just to still experience this world called Life.

Tags: Thanksgiving