Saturday, December 20, 2008

Flash Is Amazing

(AP Photo / Alan Diaz)

You can have your King James (Lebron James) , but give me Flash (Dwyane Wade) anyday. Whoa! Christmas came early in Miami with the yearly match-up of the Heat and the Lakers and what a game last night.

Speaking of a game, is there something wrong with me as a girl getting frustrated when a guy is texting me in the middle of a tense fourth quarter? I felt like Robin Givens (without the attitude) character in Boomerang when I'd rather be watching the game than responding to your text. But I digress.

Anyhoo, back to the game last night. My (and others in the room) heart was racing so bad in the last two minutes of the game. One of the folks I was watching the game with was saying she couldn't take the game anymore (she was SCARED). Phil Jackson got a technical and the Heat's Udonis Haslem couldn't make a free throw when the game was tied. Then Haslem missed another two free throwes a minute later and a minute to go before the end of the game.

But get the ball to Flash (did you see the shot from 33-footer to close the third quarter?) and you've got a chance. Even with a terrific job of defense from Kobe Bryant, he was still unguardable. He did everything from key block shots to leaping higher than Kobe for a critical jump ball. I guess because of his injury for most part of last season, I almost forgot how good, nay GREAT Flash really is. He willed his team even with urgent missed free throws to win the game and a little help from Kobe's last shot that popped out on its way going in at the buzzer.

And all of us let out a collective sigh of relief!


Tag: Miami Heat, Dwyane Wade