Friday, October 3, 2008

Under 34 Listen Up

I want to talk to my demographic for a moment. A few weeks ago, I was listening to public radio and I caught one interesting nugget: If voters under the age of 34 could come out to the voting polls by just an increase of 20% from the last election, there will be a huge shift in this election and more in favor to Barack Obama.

I've wanted to share this info but the dedicated readers of this blog know the reason for a bit of a pull back from blogging (I must say I really missed it these past weeks . . .). But after hearing R&B singer Joe (who's over 34, but the best example) on the Tom Joyner Morning Show last week who was a so-called supporter of Obama and believed Obama "got this thing" but had NO CLUE on how the voting process worked (this guy thought you could send your vote on the Internet) or where he could register to vote. OMG!

So let me talk to my peers and those a few or some years older. I don't care how many "Barack the vote," "Obama is my Homie," or "Hope" T-shirts you might wear, you have got to vote. You have no right to complain if you don't join the process.

Please, please, and pretty please, if you're not registered, this is the last weekend to do so (Deadline: October 6th). The best way to get registered is calling the line: 866-MYVote-1 or just go to any public building and get a voter's registration form and walk it to your Dept. of Board Elections (at this late date, it might be your best bet). And if you are registered, please go to the polls on November 4th or take advantage of early voting. After all, it is your civic duty.

Tags: Voting