Wednesday, September 17, 2008

McBush Is Fundamentally Wrong

Lost any money lately? Well, I have and like millions of Americans I'm watching the ticker of the stock market with some apprehension but unlike John McCain, I will not say "the fundamentals of our economy is sound/strong."

Can you believe the Senator from Arizona have said the above phrase multiple times this year and worse, on the day his country experienced one of the worst days in its economic history. I wonder what world McCain lives in and how disillutioned he really must be.

But it's sad to say I'm not surprised those words came out of McBush - yep, it's hard to tell McCain and Bush apart these days, especially when the President talks about "adjustment" on the same day. McBush is the same guy who hired Phil Gramm (the mental recession guy) as his chief economic advisor but let him go after he called us "a nation of whiners" a couple of months ago.

Anyway, McBush decided to straighten his "fundamentals" theory out but he kept digging himself into a hole. I guess he and I have a different way of interpreting the English language or that of the economy. But if I were a betting lady (I'm not), I would say I have a better idea what's going on in the economy than he does especially when he's made no bones of not knowing much about the economy.

Senator McCain: There's no way you can call the fundamentals of our economy as sound when everything that shore up the said economy is crumbling - the housing market (Capote), job market (puh-leaze, unemployment is over six percent and climbing), the financial institutions (heard anything about AIG, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, etc.) So what fundamentals are you talking about?

Tags: Economy, Wall Street Crash