Wednesday, September 3, 2008

RNC Is Boring

I was stuck in a twilight zone last night. I couldn't relate to any of the spectacle I saw on what was supposed to be the RNC. Here I was looking at a sea of white people with a few crumbs of chocolate in the midst with "country first" signs all in the arena. My thought was ok, are there various shades of people in this country. Could it be "people first" too.

That is not the America I live in. I live in a place with various ethnicities and the DNC represented that. I guess the RNC didn't get that memo.

And the entertainment? PUH-LEAZE! You go from seeing Stevie Wonder, Michael McDonald, Sheryl Crow and for my generation, Will.i.am and John Legend to a Rachel Lampa at the RNC. Who is she?

Don't even get me started on the speeches . . . BORING!