Friday, August 29, 2008

Obama Officially Makes History

Wow! Can I say that again? Wow! That was unbelievable. I have family spread over three continents watching that acceptance speech hoping for a change.

Everything from the music, to the sea of faces of different ethnicities make it appropo for what Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed about 45 years ago. Oh and the speech - thank you Barack for showing you are a wonk even though you could charm the socks off most folks with your winning smile.

Also, to think you could show your pragmatic side of knowing the issues affecting Americans lives with your passion for highest office and keep everybody spellbound on the speech for a good 42 minutes makes me give you the tip of the hat.

One more thing: I called you "Obambi" last week for acting soft and not taking an offensive approach to your opponent. Well what do you know? You turned into Obama yesterday and hit the target on McCain to tell him "ENOUGH" and challenging him to a debate on his temparament (which is legendary) and judgment. I was like "oh no he didn't." Oh yes you finally did and I wished you could see me clapping my hands.

Tags: Obama Acceptance Speech, Democratic National Convention