Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oh Dubya


I feel justified on my last week's post on Dubya. I couldn't believe my ears from the President's economy speech last week. I guess he couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth either since he later admitted to supporters behind "closed doors" what he really thought of the economy and the drunks on Wall Street in the embedded video.

This administration never fails to surprise me when I think there's nothing left. But seriously, how in this age of camera phones and YouTube could Dubya think he wasn't being recorded even when he said all cameras should be turned off.

How many gaffes have we caught politicians in from Nixon to now, this? And yet they never learn. As I watched this video last night, I was reminded of a Presidential Historian on Meet the Press about all his findings about our past leaders. The one that struck me most was about Bill Clinton, who I affectionately call "Bubba."

This historian had a meeting with Bubba while he was still in office and as he kept interviewing the former President in the oval office, he stopped and asked Bubba: "are we being recorded?" And Bubba laughed and said "are you kidding me." In other words, I cover my butt. You gotta love "Slick Willie." This is the guy who said when grilled on his relation with Monica: It depends what is (sex), is?

Tags: Economy, Wall Street Drunks, Bill Clinton