Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What I Learned from the Last Lecture



Diane Sawyer will dedicate a full hour to a great man tonight - ABC @ 10:00pm. Like I said last Friday, Randy Pausch made an impact in my life with his "last lecture" (Video embedded).

When I started this blog, I mentioned in my profile that I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up - numbers or words? Don't know yet. But recently, I've been taken risks in my transition phase and I've wondered if I'm moving in the right direction for my life.

Well, what I'm learning and learned from the last lecture is that the fact I'm taking a risk is worth it. I would love to have a laid out plan to see the immediate results as my fast-paced environment has conditioned me. But I'm also learning some unique words called "patience," which supposed to have a perfect work in me and "consistency" - very unsexy, when a newness to style is more exciting.

But newness is not debunked in my life's theory - that's where the risk comes in; taking new courses for my career when I thought I was done with any studying after grad school. But in the process of all this really liked the dormant muscles that are being stretched in my brain - you never know how much information it could absorb.

Has it been easy? That's an understatement of the year! NOPE! But that's another thing with Pausch's last lecture, he encouraged his students both live and beyond to take the road less traveled; if given a choice, take the harder task. And while you're at it, have fun!

Tags: Randy Pausch, Last Lecture, Diane Sawyer