Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dr. Carson Gets Medal of Freedom


It’s about time! Dr. Benjamin Carson gets the Medal of Freedom award. For me, this is such a great achievement for a man whose groundbreaking books, "Gifted Hands" and "Think Big" were decrying our society’s glory of success was relegated to athletes and entertainers. So the man who started out as an average D student with a knack for getting in trouble, raised by an illiterate mother who stressed education ended up being a world renowned surgeon and gets a Freedom award from his country.

I’m glad I started a new category (Kudos) on my blog featuring great achievements with this remarkable man who in his own way made a contribution in my life through his books. Thanks Dr. Carson for letting me know education matters and a desire for knowledge doesn’t make me less cool but smart.

Tags: Benjamin Carson, Medal of Freedom